Some things to consider;
Unfortunately a high percentage of marriages fail which have consequences on parents, children and society.Parenting can be an amazing and rewarding journey and/or a source of a lot of tension in a household. If you can choose your partner with a better understanding of how they were parented and how they feel your children should be parented; you will avoid a lot of stress in your life.Take the time and consider parenting as a consideration in selecting your partner and future parenting partner.Start the conversation now.
- The importance of your partner in parenting. You will succeed as a team.
- Is your partner committed to having children and aware of the responsibilities of parenting.
- The need to discuss strategies for parenting with your partner before you become parents and as you evolve as parents. (preferably before you commit to a long term relationship)
- The importance of consistency between parents. Partners in parenting need to work together with similar goals.
- Important to understand yourself and how you were as a child. Your children have your genes and will be an interesting and often challenging combination of the parents. Learn to manage yourself and you will manage your children.
- Develop an understanding of how you will parent. Role play in situations and discuss your thinking.